Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rebellion

See, O LORD, how distressed I am!
I am in torment within,
and in my heart I am disturbed,
for I have been rebellious.
Lamentations 1:20

Rebellion... sin....

It crept in unnoticed and then spread like a wildfire. It only takes one spark... one slip up.... one day of not meditating on His Word.

Sometimes the fire can be quickly stopped, other times I allow it to go on...

sometimes I even feed it 

It only satisfies for a moment, or at least I think it is satisfying. How quickly the enemy can put a blindfold on my eyes... how quickly I can forget who I belong to.

Woe to them
because they have strayed from Me!
I long to redeem them
but they speak lies against Me.
Hosea 7:13

It is I who left.

It is I who chose to rebel.

Yet He still longs to redeem me.

How can this be? What have I done to deserve His love? When will I learn to stop running?

He doesn't redeem me because He has to. He could let me fall... suffer for eternity. It would be just, it is what I deserve. 

But He doesn't.

He desires to heal my heart, to hold me in His arms.
He desires me!

Me, a child who often runs away, who willingly casts off His promises. Who makes the choice to rebel even though I know where it leads.

Why should you be beaten anymore?
Why do you persist in rebellion?
Your whole head is injured,
your whole heart affected.
Isaiah 1:5

Rebelling never does me any good. It only drives me further from Him. So why do I stay there, why am I so persistent? My stubbornness is often a great strength but it also does me great harm. 

His command is very clear....

Stop doing wrong,
learn to do right!
Isaiah 1:16-17  

If I don't.... 

If you resist and rebel,
you will be devoured by the sword.
Isaiah 1:20 

But the God I serve is....

Eternally Loving

Forever Merciful

Abundantly giving Grace

Relentlessly Redeeming

Always Forgiving

He made a way for me.... before I ever ran... ever rebelled. He knew that I would so He planned in advance for my sins to be wiped cleaned. 

But He took it one step further....

If you are willing and obedient,
you will eat the best from the land.
Isaiah 1:19

Not only does He redeem me... not only does He love me.... He is also willing to give me the best of the land. 
All I have to do is be willing and obedient.
It really is that easy. It's all on me. He will be faithful. He always keeps His promises.

The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving,
even though we have rebelled against Him.
Daniel 9:9

1 comment:

Mrs. K said...

I love your blog already. I'm adding you to my reader. Thanks for posting this. As you already read earlier today over at my blog, I struggle with this too. I'll be sure to say a prayer for you while I'm praying that I will not stray as well. Have a good day!