Thursday, May 20, 2010

He is my bright in dark

It's another rainy day in May.

I know some people cannot stand days like this... it makes them gloomy, and depressed.

Not me

It makes me smile

I love the sound of rain hitting the cars out on the lot.
The way it falls from the sky.
Lightening shooting across the sky... a reminder of the Mighty God I serve.



The past few weeks have been dark. Not the rainy, stormy type of dark that I have grown to love. It's that type of darkness, pitch black, that swallows you whole. That seeks to strangle the life right out of you. This darkness is full of lies, unfulfilled expectations, and loneliness. The type of darkness that has no light at all.

Darkness cannot linger when there is light.

I know the reason for this darkness. Yet it seems so hard to step out of.
I know what must take place to step out... but that first step is painful.

This battle of trusting in the Lord is relentless. It seems that as of late... the dark side has been winning. Today as I look out across the sky I am reminded of my Savior. The one who sends in the rain to make things new. Oh how I need the rain to come. I needed this visual of what God will do in my life... if only I will let Him.

I want to move... I want to make plans... I want... I want.... I want....

And all I get is.... wait.

I don't like this answer... and then I read this quote:

“But it is precisely when we do not have what we would ask for, and only then, that we can clearly perceive His all-sufficiency. It is when the sea is moonless that the Lord has become my Light.”- Elizabeth Elliot

It is in that complete and all-consuming darkness that He must become my light. 

I will CHOSE to see His light.
I will LIFT up my eyes to Him.

I lift my eyes to the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip
He who watches over you will not slumber.
Psalm 121

  I will pray for the rain to come 

Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime;
it is the LORD who makes the storm clouds.
He gives showers of rain to men,
and plants of the field to everyone.
Zechariah 10:1

I will allow it to change me... to heal me.... to grow me closer to Him.
Only He can send it.
He will send it....
But will I receive it?

He covers the sky with clouds;
He supplies the earth with rain
and makes grass grow on the hills.
Psalm 147:8

I am looking forward to the rain. For I know that once the storm clouds roll through, the sun sill shine like never before. Everything looks, smells, feels, different and clean after the storm. He is that light. He is that cleansing spirit that renews my soul. He is the brightness in my life.

He is like the light at sunrise
on a cloudless morning,
like the brightness after rain
that brings grass form the earth.
2 Samuel 23:4


    

No comments: