Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Graduation

Well, I did it... I have graduated. So much happened that I'm not sure where to even begin. The trip was wonderful, lots of time in the car, but I had a great time visiting. It was a place I once called home for a very short season of my life.

Going back was hard... I was reminded of how much I love that place. I really wasn't too excited about coming back here.I keep praying that God will allow me to move back there. There is something so peaceful about that place. I have some amazing friends there that I really miss seeing.

I really do love that University. I am sad that I chose not to stay. I know that I can't go down the "what if" road but it was hard not too while visiting there. There is something about that campus that stirs my soul. I remember stepping out of the building after class, every time I'd stop and take in the beautiful mountains that loom in the background. God is present at that place... He is using that University to change lives, to change the world.

I know I want to go back... I'm not done. I want to stay in school. I can see myself sometime down the road receiving my PhD from that place. First I have to get another MA(: Well see what God says. I've asked to stay in but I'm getting the same answer as to all my other questions..."wait."

Oh how I am growing weary of hearing that word. I know that God is teaching me patience, humility, and trust in this time of my life. But I'd be lying if I said it was easy. Part of why I would love to move is because I am tired of sitting still. For those of you who know me I am a doer. I don't like to sit still and wait. I'm a fixer, this not knowing what the future holds drives me crazy. As I try to reroute my life from the place God has placed me I am once again reminded of the words of Isaiah... and I let out a sigh, bow my head and let it go. I know that what He has is store is far better then what I could plan on my own.

So I wait.

Isaiah 40:31

  But those who wait on the LORD
      Shall renew their strength;
      They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
      They shall run and not be weary,
      They shall walk and not faint.

No comments: