Saturday, August 14, 2010

Never alone

Have you ever stood on a mountain and looked out across the vastness of His creation and felt alone?


Ever feel completely isolated... from everything... and everyone?

It's not always a bad place to be. Sometimes He takes us to that place so that we might find Him. Sometimes the business of life make it hard to see Him. Too many distractions makes Him seem far away... make it harder to hear His voice. 


So He brings us to a place where we can hear Him. A place that may seem too quiet. In the loud world we live in the quiet can seem intimidating. Most often it is in the stillness that we hear Him. 


He leads me beside still waters...
Psalm 23






 So that I might hear Him.

Sometimes I have to feel alone to realize that I'm never alone.

A picture of His creation takes away my breath.


The greatness of my Maker at times makes me feel so small... so insignificant. Standing on the mountaintop, taking in the enormity of my surroundings, I realize that He is soooo big. Yet He is not beyond reach. He is interested in every little detail. Even the smallest flower receives His personal touch.


So when you find yourself caught in the period of loneliness... don't fight it. Stay there for a moment and dwell on His greatness... on just how big He is and just how small you are. Let it sink in that the world does not revolve around you. Then breathe in the air around you.... the air that He provided to fill your lungs. Drink in  His presence... after all it's all around you, never leaving you... not even for a second. He really is closer to you then your skin. He really does live inside of you. Surround yourself with His creation, and realize this...

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."
Rachel Carson





(Found a website of a photographer that I just love!! All these pictures were found here. I love pictures of His creation and this guy seems to be gifted with capturing some of the most intricate details.... you can be sure that I will be using his photos regularly.)

No comments: