Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My crazy, busy life: an update

I just went a whole week without blogging.... it's been awhile since that has happened.

I started 3 different posts last week but never got around to finishing any. I know, kinda sad, right?

Well life has just been crazy and really busy... really, really busy.

I like it busy, although sometimes I have to remind myself to stop and take a few months to breathe. And I did just that, yesterday morning.

 It has finally started to cool off around here. Hopefully it will stay that way and not return to that horrible above 90 degree weather that seemed to never want to end.

I have been riding 3 horses more then 3 days every week now for the last month and I feel great. Although all this exercising makes me hungry... all the time... and I mean its that stomach growling, starving feeling. I try to ignore it but it's kinda hard. I am hoping to lose more weight, and build muscle tone. So far no weight loss, which I attribute to A. the building of muscle (which I can tell) and B. the fact that I am eating more. I'm not eating unhealthy, well I was for a few weeks, but I nipped that one in the butt. So hopefully by Christmas I'll be down 10lbs.

Riding has been soooooooo good. I can't wait to see where I am come spring. It is so therapeutic for me. God has been doing some awesome things in my heart lately and hopefully in the next week I'll be able to write about some of them.

I never got around to counting my blessings last week (shame, shame on me)..... but I'm here now and that's what counts.

#426-447

It's fall... which means.....

Football games

Campfires

Cool, crisp mornings

Slightly warm afternoons

Perfectly cool evenings

Leaves changing

Bugs dying

Windows open

Music blaring

Horses fresh

Sweating to a minimal

Time for hoodies to come out

Good times for evening walks with friends

Still warm enough for flip flops

Yet cool enough for a jacket

Perfect mornings for a quiet time on the porch with a cup of hot coffee

A new season

Which means that last season is gone

A chance to begin again

A chance to leave behind old habits

Opportunities for new habits to form

No comments: