Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve!!!!!

The Eve of the birth of the Promised Messiah!!

Oh what a night that must of been so very long ago. I can't imagine what was going through the minds of Joesph and Mary that night. I am sure they were quite frustrated that they could find no one willing to put up a very pregnant woman and her husband that evening.

I wonder what Joesph thought about laying his new little boy in a manger full of straw, after all he was a carpenter and if they had been at home I am sure that the newly born King would of had a hand-crafted cradle.

I wonder if Mary was just simply thankful for a quiet and dry place to welcome her precious baby into this world. That's how I imagine her; simple, humble, and thankful. I imagine her touching Joesph's arm reassuring him that a stable is just fine. After all there is no need to worry about whether or not this baby would make it to the world safely.

I wonder if the shepherds had any idea that in just a few hours their life would be changed forever. Maybe the sheep could feel a change in the air.

I wonder what heaven was like that night, all the angels knowing exactly what was about to happen. If the ones who were going to tell the news to the shepherds were shaking with excitement.

I wonder where the 3 wise-men were on their star-following journey. I wonder if they had even the slightest clue of what is was that they would find.

I wonder if Jesus was counting down the minutes till He would enter the world and begin His journey to the cross, to the moment that He would make it possible for His bride to have eternal life.

I wonder if the Father let tears fall as He watched His Son come into the world as a baby, knowing exactly the cost His Son was willing to pay for some mere humans.


"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call His name Immanuel,
(God with us)."
Matthew 1:23

No comments: