Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Narnia quote #2

This is my favorite moment in Prince Caspian, I was so disappointed that this moment was not captured in the movie. It is such a moving scene and one I can relate to all too well I'm afraid. 

The Lion looked straight into her eyes. 

"Oh, Aslan," said Lucy. "You don't mean it was? How could I - I couldn't have left the others and come up to You alone, how could I? Don't look at me like that...oh well, I suppose I could. Yes, and it wouldn't have been alone, I know, not if I was with You. But what would have been the good?"

Alsan said nothing


"You mean," said Lucy rather faintly, "that it would have turned out all right-somehow? But how? Please, Alsan! Am I not to know?"


"To know what would have happened, child?" said Aslan. "No. Nobody is ever told that."


"Oh dear," said Lucy.


"But anyone can find out what will happen," said Aslan. "If you go back to the others now, and wake them up; tell them what you have seen Me again; and that you must all get up at once and follow Me - what will happen? There is only one way to find out."


"Do You mean that is what You want me to do?" gasped Lucy.


"Yes, little one," said Aslan.


"Will the others see You too?" asked Lucy.


"Certainly not at first," said Aslan. "Later on, it depends."


"But they won't believe me!" said Lucy.
 

"It doesn't matter," said Aslan.




It doesn't matter..... so many times have I had that very statement whispered to my soul. In a way the statement stings, just a little, and yet in another way it is so reassuring. 


I also like the part where Aslan says that no one is ever told what would of happen yet anyone can find out what will happen.

No comments: