Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In everything give thanks

  Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18



Sunday's are always a day full of learning for me. It always amazes me that the most valuable lessons I learn often come from the lessons that I teach. Look for the post coming a bit latter on the lessons that the story of Jacob have taught me.

One lesson I am striving to learn is to dwell on this 1 Thessalonians verse. These 3 commands are the foundation for living a life for Him. As part of developing the habit of continually giving thanks I am counting the gifts that God has given me that sometimes go unnoticed.

#215-234

A weekend full of rain

Rain that waters the pastures

Green pastures to fill the bellies of beautiful steeds


The soft sound of rain falling as I sit here typing

Rain... are you getting the picture that I LOVE rain(:


An apology letter from an 8 yr old who is learning the hard lesson of controlling her tongue

An unexpected evening with the 2 younger P girls... movie, peaches and ice cream, finger nail painting, singing Jesus songs, and lots of sweet cuddles

Baby Ben napping on my shoulder

Lexi talking in church

New songs downloaded

Taking the long way home

Snowcones with friends

A clean kitchen

Good books to read

The wonderful power of coffee(:

The itching to redecorate

Walls coming down

The love of a Saviour

Grace







1 comment:

Mrs. K said...

I love the idea of making a list each day or each week of the things I'm thankful for or recognize God in. What a beautiful verse to remember today.